The UNT Gender & Sexuality Employee Resource Group (UNT GS-ERG) is an Employee Resource Group (ERG) that serves all UNT employees through intentional engagement, policy promotion, and community building that is inclusive of all genders and sexualities.
The UNT GS-ERG shall do the following:
- Promote allyship, accompliceship, anti-transphobia, and anti-homophobia among all employees for historically excluded genders and sexualities at UNT.
- Engage in learning, recognizing, and addressing gender and sexuality-based inequity and inequality in UNT’s
- People including staff, faculty, students, and governing bodies
- Collaborate with other campus groups to create and facilitate opportunities of engagement aligned with the mission of the UNT GS-ERG.
- Create a space for employees to build community with each other and the surrounding area.
ERGs are voluntary, employee-led groups that foster a diverse and inclusive workplace aligned with organizational mission, values, goals, business practices, and objectives. ERGs are a critical piece of an organization’s diversity and inclusion strategy. The University of North Texas, through the Diversity & Inclusion under the Division of Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access, supports the work of ERGs in the development, support and retention of employees.
Meeting Day & Time
Meetings are held the fourth Wednesday of every month from 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., unless the university is closed. To join the meeting, please use the form on the right to send us your contact information.
The last Meeting of 2021 will be on Wednesday, December 1. We look forward to seeing you there!