The UNT Gender & Sexuality Employee Resource Group (UNT GS-ERG) is an Employee Resource Group (ERG) that serves all UNT employees through intentional engagement, policy promotion, and community building that is inclusive of all genders and sexualities.
The UNT GS-ERG shall do the following:
- Promote allyship, accompliceship, anti-transphobia, and anti-homophobia among all employees for historically excluded genders and sexualities at UNT.
- Engage in learning, recognizing, and addressing gender and sexuality-based inequity and inequality in UNT’s
- People including staff, faculty, students, and governing bodies
- Collaborate with other campus groups to create and facilitate opportunities of engagement aligned with the mission of the UNT GS-ERG.
- Create a space for employees to build community with each other and the surrounding area.
ERGs are voluntary, employee-led groups that foster a diverse and inclusive workplace aligned with organizational mission, values, goals, business practices, and objectives. ERGs are a critical piece of an organization’s diversity and inclusion strategy. The University of North Texas, through the Diversity & Inclusion under the Division of Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access, supports the work of ERGs in the development, support and retention of employees.
Meeting Day & Time
Meetings are held the fourth Tuesday of every month from 3:30pm - 5:00pm, unless the university is closed. To join the meeting, please use the Get in Touch form on the left to send us your contact information.